Wednesday, March 26, 2014

1974 Roberta's Letter -Mar.25

March 25, 1974
Dear Family,

Hi!  Didn't know if I should have called last night or not – but did get into W.P.B. at 7:37 as originally planned.  There were about 20 people on stand-by basis for the 4:00 flight – and only _3_ of us made it on!  One man really made a pest of himself & he got on – then another man & I got on to.  It was all according to what time you checked in at the Delta Airlines Ticket place – I was lucky to have been right there!

The Atlanta airport was such a big mess – people everywhere – especially alot of college kids!  Oh – the 4:00 plane didn't leave till about 4:30 so I didn't have any too much time to waste in Atlanta!

The supper deal on the plane was pretty funny – you know I had ordered a "low calorie" supper – well – when it came it was 3 vegetables, a roll & a piece of cake.  Well – somehow there was a mistake & instead of low calorie supper I got the Vegetarian supper (too bad Serena wasn't there(.  In the end I kept the three vegetables plus got a medium sized stead & salad from First class.  I ended up eating better than anyone around me!  All the other "tourists" were eating lasgana [sic](sp?) & potatoes (not baked).

Uncle Bill really likes the coffee pot – he put it alltogether [sic] last night & this morning tried to get me to drink a cup!  But – I didn't even have time this morning to drink a cup of hot tea!  I got up about 6:45 and had to leave by 7:30 in order to make it to school by 8:30.  I decided I'd rather get up early twice a week (Mondays & Wednesdays) than drive to Boca on Tuesday nights – and not get home till after 10:00 p.m.!  So now I'm taking 20 hours – 15 hours of sociology here & 5 hours of criminal justice – the course being held at the junior college.

Mary V. how did your program go last night – I hope you all made it back home in plenty of time & all.  John – did you get an 'A' on your Biology report?

Everyone liked all the misprint shirts – Rob took the Recreation Counselor one and Uncle Bill took the Calloway (sp?) Gardens one.  Grandma sure enjoyed your letter Mary V––

Well, I've got about 10 minutes before my 2nd class starts – which is Population & Urbanization – so better go & get this in the mail.

Thanks again for everything ––

Love, Berta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album