Saturday, March 01, 2014

2004 Catherine's postcard -Mar1

Wendy and I have an informal book club, often reading the same book at the same time. We read the book by Audrey Niffenegger mentioned below in August, 2010. It was good but I only gave it 3 (of 5) stars. To quote from my review "Loved the time travel part and the 'what if' concept, but not a big fan of sappy romance so my feelings about this book are as mixed as the reviews." Currently we are reading The Giver quartet of books by Lois Lowry, having finished the first two, The Giver and Gathering Blue. We would welcome new members into our group!

Transcription of this 2004 postcard follows.
Postcard with Amish winter scene - mailed 2004.  Captioned: Ohio's Amish Country. The local sale barn is a gathering place for the local Amish farmers who buy and sell livestock, or just spend a day visiting.  Here at Farmerstown, Ohio, the regular livestock auction is held every Tuesday.
2004 Catherine's postcard to Wendy -Mar1

Glendale AZ
3/1/04
Hi, Wendy!  My focus this month is on simplicity so the Amish fit the theme – don't think I want to simplify quite that much.  At least you have a week off school this month and we have our trip to look forward to as well as dinner with you & X this week.  Are you reading anything of interest to me?  I heard about a novel we might both like Time-travelers wife or some such title.  Hope to see you soon.  Remember I love you just the way you are!  Love, Mom

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album