Monday, January 25, 2021

GHU Letter -Jan.27

 

Fri. evening Jan. 27th
[1980 or 1985?]
Dear Harold & Jean --

It hardly seems possible that the first month of the year is just about gone.  Bill has a birthday coming up next Tues. & I guess the Hortons are planning a dinner here.  Mary is going to fix the meat & salad & every one is bringing something.  

I have been taking a few water pills to get the swelling down in my legs which has come up during my Phoenix trip.  I supposed caused from the lack of not keeping my feet up enough & not the right diet for awhile.  I went to the Dr. mainly because I have had several places that look like insect bites on my right leg but the Dr. said he simply didn't know what to say.  A red spot then 4 dots in a row beside the spot [small diagram]  So unsolved.  My blood pressure & pulse alright.  He suggested using the capsule Feldene [used to treat inflammation of rheumatoid arthritis] for a month & see if it would do more for me than Motrin for it is considered very good by some folks.  It is 90¢ a cap. but I am using one every other day.  I feel as if I am holding about the same.

I have written to Roberta that I have decided the time has come for no more trips.  The girls will be disappointed for I had . . . if I went again that Serena & Mary V. could go but I think the time has come for trips perhaps nearer about from home or just home.  Has Serena anything in view that she may do in Phoenix?  What did she do with all her things in Chicago?  Hope it all works out nicely for her.  

I received a letter from Contin. Steel Corp & I decided to do nothing about it.  But I thought perhaps I had better ask Bill about it.  His answers to me are never very good.  In substance he said to ask Harold for he has some stock, see what he does.  As you know I am interested in dividends which the Steel Corp. has passed up for years.  Steel may come into its own again as time goes by.  Are you ready for my income work anytime?  I have my figures about lined up for you Harold.

When I started on this paper I didn't realize it opened up & I would have as much writing space [the writing on the inside is much less crowded!].

Mary began to get some frozen things out of the frig. & brought forth mulberries & mangoes.  Both very good.  It is about time for the mulberries to come forth with the new crop.  But to date not even a new leaf.  They were very late last year.  Noe before I left as in past years.  Dad used to pick them in Feb. when we lived in the Decker Apt.

I would like to have some of Mrs. Lambert's fish.  She was quite a person.

We had a nice shower this evening.  The air has been nice & warm for several days.

Love -- Mother

P.S. Dr. M. now charges $35 for an office call -- that sounds like too much.

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album