Tuesday, January 19, 2021

1982? GHU Letter -Jan.14


[The best clue regarding the year of this letter is the mention of the 20¢ postage rate which would make it between 1982-1985.]  

Jan. 14th
Dear Harold & Jean,

The New Year is moving right along before we are ready.  At least we have all the Christmas things put away for the year except the tree which is in its box ready to be put up in the attic when Bill gets in the right mood.

Since we have a supply of "C" stamps I may be using them for quite a while for they are worth the 20¢.

Do you have any certain time for me to send my tax list Harold?  I will have to get busy & finish my writing the total etc.  At least I think I am still equal for that.  My leg is feeling more normal & quit taking the pain tablets as they make me feel dizzy.  Mary said the Dr. tried to give her the same thing & 1 was enough.

I suppose you know that Roberta is planning to come to LW in Feb. for a week.  That will be nice to have her.

Does Serena take any college work this semester?  Hope she does get a good job.

Last week we had more rain but real nice this week except it is cold.  Down in the 40's.  I am glad for the electric heater especially in the morning when I first get up.

The VIA is planning to take a cruise in Feb. to Port -- below Miami 40 min or less -- but when I found out there would be steps to the rest room & the elevator did not work well I gave up the idea.  The time was from 9 AM to 12 PM from W.P. Beach for the day.  $59 as the tickets are now sold out.  Mary is not fond of water anyway so we go on some other trip that may come up as time goes along.

Glad to hear your medical check up is good.  Try to keep it good.

Tomorrow Bill is to help collect money at one of the stores for the White Cane Lions Fund.  I think he said his time was 9-11AM.  You give a donation & get a tiny white cane.

Hope you are back to normal after the western trip.  Glad that Wells is starting the New Year in good shape.

Love, Mother

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album