Friday, January 08, 2021

1971 Catherine's Letter -Jan.10

 


Sunday 10 P.M.
January 10, 1971

Dear Mom, Dad, Serena, John, and Mary,

Hi!  I assume you all are getting home about now.  We got home about six -- all intact -- and I have already had time to semi-strew-organize the things you sent back with us.  Thanks for the underwear, the salad dressing, hamburger papers (the last time I bought hamburger I froze it into patties on brown paper bag paper for lack of anything better.  The disadvantage is that the paper sticks to the hamburger a little too well and you sort of have to peel it off as the hamburger fries.), measuring spoons, tomatoes, ice cream, 7-Up and yogurt.  I had one of the tomatoes for supper.

We certainly had a good time in Chicago.  Sorry our restaurant suggestion for last night turned out to be such a dud.  Just shows not all risks are good ones I suppose.  Someday when we have a little more money of our own, we'll treat you to a weekend on the town.  As a matter of fact we could manage to give you a weekend of country life Kalamazoo style right now.  Why don't you all come up here for my birthday?  If that is out of the question the chances may be better than you think of us coming down.  I will try to let you know in time to get a cake made!

Thanks too for the coat, dress, and money towards library school.  I feel at home in both the coat and dress already which means you will probably be seeing them around for some time.

We didn't have any mail when we got back so I have resolved to write more letters in an attempt to get the mailman to stop more often.  I bet you weren't expecting a letter from me so soon.

I better be getting to bed fairly soon since tomorrow is already pretty filled up with doing the laundry, looking for a stereo, my doctor's appointment and going to Detroit.  If I get up early I'll have time to get a few pages translated before all that begins.

Thanks again for the weekend from both of us!  Love, Catherine & Dick


No comments:

Items from Uible photo album