Tuesday, January 05, 2021

1971 Roberta's Letter -Jan.6


 Jan. 6, 1970 [actually 1971]

Dear Family,

Hi!  This is some of the stationery Pam gave me for Christmas.  I got into Newberg fine about 8:15 Monday night.  I had Pam & another girl meet me in downtown Newberg.  I did change rooms Monday night.  Pam had managed to get the key to my room & had all my dresses & also the dresser drawers all moved.  All I had to do was move my desk drawers & some other small things.

I went & got my grades today from my advisor & will be sure to send them.  I came awfully close to getting an 'A' in English -- Mrs. Carmmach [?] told me.  She gave me back my exam yesterday.  I'm planning on sending it with the box I'm sending for Serena.

I was told by several people that my flight out of Portland on the 18th was either the last or almost the last flight out of Portland for three days because of fog.

The Chicago airport was closed on Sunday between 3 and 7 in the afternoon.  Most of the people on my plane were not suppose to be on that one -- but an earlier flight.  We arrived in Portland a good two hours late.  Pam's mother had to leave because she works 2nd shift.

North Western Airlines starts today flying out of Portland again.  By the 15th they will be back to a full schedule.  I just heard that on the news.

I did go to the Newberg police station & asked about the course.  I am planning on taking it.  I talked to  2  women who both had on uniforms that will be taking it.  They said this is #2 but they didn't think I needed #1 to take it.  They both said it was very interesting.  I am going to have to buy a text-book that costs $11.00.

My books here cost me less than $30.00.  I went to the bank & put the rest of the money in temporarily.

The Browns would not take the $5.00 -- at all.

I've showed several people my "Ohio" book, sure will use my 5 & 6¢ stamps & also stationery.  I'll close for now & write more later.

Love, Roberta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album