Saturday, January 02, 2021

1973 Rob's letter to John -Jan.2

 


Jan. 2, 1973 Tues.

Dear John B. Uible

I am very sorry that I did not get to see you over the Christmas holidays, but there will always be another year.  I know you have been keeping up with my Miami Dolphins.  They are nothing except NO. 1!!!  Now the Miami Masterful Magicians made it a sweet 16.  The Dolphins duel the Redskins next in the L.A. Coliseum.  Don't miss it!!

Now I will turn the globe to the stamp world.  I think and I am pretty sure that I have "kicked the habit" of collecting stamps.  Maybe, when I see you I'll give you my whole collection, on second thought, do you want to make a purchase?

We had a very nice Christmas with plenty of good food which I love !!!

Now I will go to the blackboard.  I made the honor roll two six-weeks in a row which is excellent for Mr. Robert Horton.  I hope the true spirit of this Christmas season -- its joy, its beauty, its  hope, and above all the abiding faith may live among you and to plan for the future with confidence for 1973.

Happy New Year

Your Chubby Cousin,

Robert H. Horton

P.S. Joh I am sorry but I can't think of one right now.

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album