Friday, January 29, 2021

1981 GHU Letter -Feb.1


 Feb 1 - '81

Dear Family --

Hope you were all able to visit John & Carol this week end.  It was good that Mary V. was improving.  Rob came home Thurs. evening not feeling too good but he went to school Fri. not feeling good so went to bed when he returned home that afternoon but seems to be about normal to-day.  He said it was no need to stay at home for fear some one would catch whatever ailed him for so many of the pupils were ailing & teachers not able to come.  Several schools were dismissed for several days for the lack of pupils & teachers.  If only our weather could be more normal everyone might feel different.  At least it is a little warmer to-day.  You still need a sweater & a little heat.  The electric bill here was over $130 for Jan. so you may know we have had heat & light etc.  

Bill had a Birthday party fixed for him by the In-laws & Frances which thy had planned at the Club House at their Trailer Park.  We were invited along with several friends.  For once we didn't cook anything to take.  He was glad to receive the cards but if you receive an answer I would be surprised for writing does not seem to be his line.  But he enjoys reading & receiving mail like all of us.  

That is certainly a coincidence that Mie Y. would hear a student from the country where her uncle is working.  Marianne phoned her Dad Sat. & little Robert had climbed up on a chair fell backwards cut his chin which had to have 4 stitches & of course blood came forth along with nose bleed.  So the Dr. has given him tests about the nose bleed and has found him anemic.  It seems as if he can have his share of problems.  M. said she was about to pass out after she got him fixed up.  Larry had quite a round with his Flu but was now able to go back to work.  They felt better now for he had received a nice raise in salary.

As to what I have pd. I.R.S. for '80 estimate I hope Harold you mean the $800 I have pd. 3 times (2nd, 3rd & 4th voucher) & I notice by my bank book that Apr. 8th '80 I had given out a check to I.R.S. for $588 marked 1st voucher. Maybe you know or may have a copy of the figures.  I must begin to mark things better because I don't remember as I should these days.  Seems to me I also had sent a check for $200 & also to I.R.S. buy my bank book does not seem to show it.  I wish a person could have a few dollars without doing this & that about same.  I wonder if Pres. R. can do much to help.  

We know the parents of one of the Hostages -- a Mr. Graves.  His father was a good friend of Dad's & I often worked with his Mother in social affairs at Calvary Meth. Church.  I think they both have passed away.  Mr. died several years ago.  They had a home on North L St in the 4th block several years ago.  

Mrs. Wise evidently has had quite a time.  Hope she is improving.  Wondered what happened that Marion fell.  I had a nice letter from Roberta but before the accident.

Love to All
Mother

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album