Tuesday, January 12, 2021

1981 Catherine's Letter -Jan.15


Tuesday evening
January 13, 1981

Dear Mother, Dad & Mary,

Hi!  I just have a few of these Pic & Save stationery left.  I think this is some you gave me last Christmas.

Glad you got the tickets back OK.  We have made arrangements with a travel agent in Bend to get our Amtrak tickets.  We should be getting them next week.

Seems like every day we read in the papers about the cold weather you are having.  Our lowest so far this month has been 30º.  The farmers are worried because if the ground doesn't freeze the bugs thrive.  It helps on our heating bill though.  Our elec. bill for Nov. was $57 and December $60.  I hate to think what it would be if we had a month of cold weather!  Sure hope the weather is good in March!

Wed. morning.  I'm already wrong about the low temperature.  It got down to 28º last night -- still not what you'd call real cold.  Wendy I have been walking every day trying to get her in shape for hiking.  We set a new record yesterday -- 12 minutes from here to Day Care Center.  Usually it takes 15.

On the 29th we are going to see patients from 9-12 and then Debbie & I will clean the office during the afternoon and I will work on Friday as it will be my turn.  I work this Friday and have next Friday off.  I have been busy this week interviewing applicants for the chairside assistant job.  I am doing the preliminary interviewing.  Do you like people?  Why would you like to work in a dental office?  What kind of person would you like to work for?  Etc.  The Dr's wife will do final interview depending on how they do in preliminary.

Time to get ready for work!

Love, Catherine, Gerry & Wendy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album