Thursday, January 14, 2021

1975 John's Letter to Roberta -Jan.16


 Thursday, Jan. 16, 1975

Dear Bert,

It was great getting your letter today.  My classes start tomorrow so I wanted to be sure to write today while I have the time.

My vacation was so nice, even though it was probably too long.  I watched so much television and I did do some work.  I painted a little at Wells and did some tax returns and office work for Dad.

The Academy Church is interdenominational.  All types of Religions congregate there for services.  My job is to make sure everything is available and ready for the services.  I also keep record of attendance and make sure everything is locked up at night.  I am not a janitor -- they already have one.  I am just to make sure everything is all right.

I got my new schedule this morning.  I have five classes on Tues. & Fr. and three classes on Mon., Wed., Thurs., and Sat.  It will be alot of work.  I am taking English, Math, U.S. History, Religion and French.  In the afternoons I will be cross-county skiing for two hours which will make my day complete.

I did not see or hear of too much news in New Vienna, except Dr. Otterland.  He seems to be a real character and everyone seems to like him.  I hear he is an excellent doctor.  I think you have heard him on some tapes.

On Tuesday, the day before I came back, Jack Walker took me to the Gold Coin where both of us had "Belt Buster" steaks.  Afterwards we went to Hillsboro and he got a battery for their Mustang.  He hasn't changed any -- funny as ever.  He got a parking ticket in Hillsboro, which made me laugh.

Tell the Hortons and Grandma that I said "hello."  I got a nice warm sweater with Grandma's Christmas money.  Thank you.  Bert -- I thank you now for the gift you are sending.  I am sure I will like it.

I had a good time in Chicago last weekend.  It was a riot with Nickie along.

Well, Bert, I wish you the best of luck in your studies and work.  I look forward to seeing you soon.

Love,
John

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album