Sunday, January 17, 2021

1981 Catherine's Letter -Jan.19

 


Monday, January 19, 1981

Dear Mother, Dad, and Mary,

Hi!  I thought we might get a letter from you today since we didn't get one last week and I know you mentioned on the phone that you had sent one.  However, it wasn't in the mailbox when I checked before coming to work this morning.  It seems that since we got our P.O. box we have gotten about 1/10 of the mail we previously got.  I asked at the window several times if our mail was going somewhere else but they say we just haven't gotten any.  We did get our National Geographic and Book Digest for February last week and one other piece of junk type mail last week.

We didn't do too much over the weekend as Gerry and I both have colds so tried to rest and get recuperated but they still seem to be hanging on.  There is quite a bit of flu going around so we can be thankful we don't have it worse.  And so far Wendy doesn't seem to have had any problems since she got over the pneumonia at Christmas time.

We did take Wendy out to lunch at the Dairy Queen on Saturday.  They have a salad bar that has quite a good selection so Gerry and I enjoyed that.  Wendy ate most of her "junior burger" and she took a Dilly Bar home which she had after her nap.  She really enjoys going out to lunch so we usually try to take her one day a week -- on Friday if I don't have to work.

The temperature is still staying around 30º here with overcast skies.  This morning there was a heavy fog -- glad we don't have to drive anywhere.  Both Gerry and I walked and I brought some sandwiches so we can have our lunch here at the office to save us walking home.  Also it is warmer here since we turn our heat at home down during the day.

I am enclosing a check for part of the extra money you advanced us for the tickets.  If it is OK we will wait until after our trip to pay back the rest of it.

Better close and get back to work.  We will probably -- the phone rang and I forgot what I was going to write -- oh yes, We will probably get your letter right after I mail this!

Love,
Catherine, Gerry & Wendy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album