Friday, January 22, 2021

1986 GHU Letter -Jan.23

Joe Horton's drawing of Calvary United Methodist Church in Lake Worth, Florida


Thurs. evening Jan. 23 --
[postmarked 24 Jan 1986]

Dear Harold & Jean --

Bill had gone to bed & Mary to choir practice.  Bill has not been feeling very well the past week.  Has has had more or less cold & trying to get rid of it.  He finally decided to go to Dr. DeMaric this afternoon.  I just hope Mary & I don't come down with it, for it acts like the Flu.  

I now have new hearing aids I hear much better for I find that my hearing is less than it was & by the word test it is 60% gone.  But at my age what do I expect?  

The weather is still cloudy & showery & cool.  Certainly not the SunShine state as claimed.

Bill had told me about the stock C-M & I asked him about Control D.  It seems as if they have passed up the dividend this month.

Yesterday Joseph left for an Island town . . . his teacher & 12 other students for a month to study art.  I hope it will be worth while.  That is a long ways to go for a month.  It will be interesting to hear form him.

Time for sleep.  Mary just came in.

Love, Mother


No comments:

Items from Uible photo album