Friday, January 15, 2021

1971 Roberta's Letter -Jan.18


 [Note:  the bottom left shows the beginning of what was written on the back of the envelope and continues on to half of the front of the envelope  -- Roberta got her more than 6¢ worth of the then postage rate.  On the back side of this letter, which you can see bled through is a Faculty Evaluation Form.]

January 18, 1971

Dear Family,

Well, guess what I got in the mail today?  My typewriter, two bedspreads, a pair of socks, and some candy from Vanessa.  WOW!  On my way out of chapel, we were running to go see what Packages I had.  I got a note in my box saying that I had some packages to be picked up.  anyway, I ran into the Tom Browns from Barnesville!  They are here for today and part of tomorrow, and went to several classes with me this afternoon.  I was sure surprised to see them!

I just now got out of class and the mail will be going out in about ten minutes.

I showed the Browns my Ohio book -- the part of Barnesville.  They were impressed.

The bedspreads were not what I had ordered but they do go very well with the curtains and we are planning on buying some material to cover the things above the bed.

I better close now and mail this letter or better say note . . . .  The typewriter is very nice, nothing yet that I can find the matter with it.

Love,
Roberta

[Envelope part:] Now at mail box -- the type-writer did come through the mail not freight.  It was in a box big enough to be a um -- motor cycle or something!  And then 3 other boxes inside of that!

I had a letter today from Aunt Mary -- suppose you all got a carbon copy too.  I appreciate the brown socks & also the bed spread & typewriter very much.  Cost almost $8.00 to mail typewriter!  The typewriter is blue -- now that I've used it I'll have to go & read the directions.  HA!  It was sure wrapped up good!!

Mailman still isn't here -- now 25 till 5 -- supposed to be here by 4:30.


No comments:

Items from Uible photo album