Sunday, January 10, 2021

1981 GHU letter to Roberta -Jan 12

 

Drawing by Joe Horton 1979

Dear Roberta  --  Jan 12 [1981]  -- 

We use to think we could keep warm in Fla. but the last week you have to draw upon your imagination along with some real heat to keep warm & not to forget your warm sweater & better have a warm coat near.

Your nice package arrived to-day & of course we had to sample it soon after opening the goodies.  Rob had to arrive from school at the time & I told him since the air was so cold he might need some extra calories to keep him going.  Since I only let every one have one piece then I am sure the extra sweetness would hardly affect one's weight.  Thanks a lot.  I am sure I will enjoy each piece I eat & I will have calls as to where is that box from Roberta?

How is Buffy by this time?  I believe he knows when Marion is getting ready to take off & he works himself up into a ditter over the idea.  Our dog Tippie always knew when we were getting ready to leave in the car & he was right at the car door trying to edge his way into the car if possible.  He loved to ride.

Last week one afternoon late we had 3 callers.  -- Ellen (1902-1999) who you know & her 2 sisters Lois (1908-1990) from Texas & Luna (1915-?)[GHU's sister, Aunt Luna' Hiestand Mitchell's (1874-1970), daughters].  You know her from Princeton I had forgotten, as you have met her.  They all met in Fort Lau. -- Luna had suggested the place.  It seems as if she has a Boy Friend & he was there also that week.  Believe it or not she has had a face lift.  She thought she had too many wrinkles.

Of course you hear the news from home so will not go into that.  I just hope the Korean girl will not cause them too much inconvenience.  Hope you don't struggle too much over your tax report.  I have received my book so must get my figures added soon to send to your Dad to finish.

It is past my bed time so must be on my way & get out extra cover for it is to be cold tonight is the report.

Love, Grandma

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album