Thursday, April 17, 2014

1984 Catherine's Postcard -Apr.20

The Hilltop Steak House was a favorite stop for Gerry's folks between Boston and Sanford. The hanging meat isn't very appealing to me.  As I recall I usually had fish, even though I wasn't as anti-meat then as I am now.  Though the card is originally from New England, it was mailed from Madras, postmarked Bend, Oregon.  Transcription follows.
 Hilltop Steak House, Saugus MA postcard -mailed 1984
Part of Caption: Photographs – Top to Bottom:
Frank Guiffrida's Hilltop Steak House
"Dodge City," with its western cocktail bar
"Sioux City," featuring a 28 foot fieldstone fireplace
"Kansas City" (not shown)
Walk-in refrigerator aging 1500 loins of beef

4-20-84 Good Friday.  We had a good dinner here in 1981.

Last weekend we had an excellent dinner at a Swiss restaurant near Rippling River [near Mt. Hood] – I had escargot.

Wendy has been enjoying the books you sent her for Easter.  We had a meeting w/school officials and decided to terminate her special educ. program.  She has made big progress and is up to her level now.

Love, Catherine, Gerry & Wendy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album