Sunday, April 26, 2020

1990 Roberta's Letter -Apr.24

This letter is written on the back of a Tokyo Express menu/placemat.
Prices range from $2-$4.45 for entrees, drinks are 63¢ or 83¢ for large.
Desserts are $1.45


4-24-90
Hi!

We ate here -- good food at great prices -- will be one built not far from us!  Sid is actually watching a movie on T.V. -- Bill Cosby in Leonard V -- take off from a spy type movie!  Very Weird!  Or is it Wierd?

Catherine was over today -- gave her the letters / shirt / scarf -- but forgot to give her the placemats!  Next time!

Had a very pleasant surprise yesterday -- called the payroll person at FSL to find out about a staff's hours & asked about my vacation time -- was told 150 hours vacation / 230 hours sick leave!  I questioned that -- was told that my supervisor had "upped" my vacation hours due to my dropping the Health Insurance.  I put in sick leave for last week!  I'll be using up 32 hours vacation hours between Green Valley & a trip to Ohio.  If I do stay till the 17th my boss said to take those in sick leave & then plan some fun times.  I bought her a sweatshirt of Univ. of Kansas last night!

Was not able to buy any AZ shirts but did buy quite a variety of other states -- including Wright Patterson Air Force Base.

Do call here if you need to get hold of us.  Bev will be here & will be able to reach us.  Miss Ella is not doing real well -- wish she had taught Elem. School -- & not college level.  She really isn't a very good driver -- for example she herself said she didn't want to pull in the driveway down at the office for fear she may hit something!  I've got a feeling if she were "forced" to drive the FSC van she will quit quick!  (she said before hired she could drive it!).  I've got a few calls to make to local churches to see about our prospects!

This AM she (Miss Ella) got lost in Smith's doing her weekly shopping!  Meanwhile the residents were standing outside waiting for her!

We have a new private pay moving in May 15th.  She has no family but good friends that live near 43rd & Dunlap.

I think of you all & Grandma often.  Just thankful that Grandma has such good help.  We've often had residents families comment how a resident gets closer to staff here than their own family & I can now understand that better -- Esp. when a resident's grandchildren only come at Christmas!

Much Love,
Roberta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album