Tuesday, April 21, 2020

1980 Catherine's Letter -Apr.21

4-21-80
Monday morning
Der Mother, Dad & Mary,

Hi!  Sorry I didn't get a letter off to you last week but our first week in our new house my time seemed all taken up with other matters.  We also had a busy weekend but at least it was busy with things we wanted to do.

We found a new babysitter who lives about ½ block away.  She is the daughter of one of the appraiser's at work who Gerry also knows through the Elks.  She babysat Thurs. & Saturday nights for us.  She's a junior in H.S. and she & Wendy got along real well.

Thursday night I played Bunco which you might recall my mentioning before.  I am a substitute.  It is a group of 12 which meets once a month.  I won $8 -- five which it costs to play and other $3 went to the babysitter so I broke even.  Gerry had gone to the Elks.

Friday night we had Emily & Bob over.  They will be going to the coast with us to enjoy the Jackman's cabin -- that is now planned for the weekend of May 3rd-5th.

We had the Jackmans over for dinner last night and that weekend is OK with them for us to use it.

Saturday night Gerry was in charge of a benefit dance at the Elks for Julie Akers and her Up with People fund.  She is the daughter of Judy who works with him at the co-op.  She made $510 after paying her band so it was fairly successful. 

Tonight I am going to the AAUW meeting and Gerry is going to go over the inventory list with the new apt. managers.  We finally heard from them yesterday and they are going to move in today evidently.  It is a relief for us that someone else will be there.

Well, I am at work now so I better close and get this into the mail.

Love,
Catherine, Gerry
& Wendy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album