Wednesday, April 01, 2020

1980 Roerta's Letter -Mar.5


Wed. P.M.
3/5/80
Dear Family,

Better a note than no letter . . . .  Just now got home from class.  This is the one where I have to design a 20 acre park . . . tonight we looked at some plans some of the other students had handed in during past semesters.  Some were so prof. done.  Others looked like it took one hour.

Tuesday A.M. my bike would not start.  I called up the main center and told them I would be glad to work if someone would want to haul me out.  Ann -- who is one notch over me hauled me out.  She was telling me how her husband use to be an artutect (sp??, probably architect!) but now teaching blueprinting etc. at the junior college.  He -- I got word yesterday would be glad to help me on my 20 acre park.  Tues P.M. and since the bike has started without any problem at all.  Maybe it just knew I needed help with the planning of the park!!!!

Work has sure been hectic.  Wayne -- who I worked with out there took a job with Workmen's compensation two weeks ago.  Three days later the driver we have pick-up and deliver the people who can't drive -- and also the delivering of the home delivered meals got sick and last Friday was her last day due to illness.  She was always sick to hear her talk.  So I've been doing the driving -- and they have sent someone from the main center out to do most of the paper-work, etc.  The county is furnishing the driver for us -- and they say it will take 6 to 8 weeks to replace with a new driver.

Wish you all could see our back yard.  We have green grass and similar to the model a three foot planter around the sides and back.  With shrubs and of course yellow plants.  We keep looking at some sort of trim . . . like bricks, etc.  Marion would really like to get railroad ties . . . but they want $12-14 dollars each for them.  I keep telling her in Ohio you can get them for next to nothing.  Is that still true???

Our draperies still have not come.  We are beginning to have pictures up so it looks more like home.  I'm so mad at Buffy!!!  He has ruined one of the screens on the arcadia door at the back of the house.  And he has chewed at the threads of the carpet inside the house by the garage.  We have to leave him now in the garage when we leave.

OH!!!  Marion did buy a garage door opener and it got put up about a week ago.  REALLY NICE!!!  Especially with the rains, etc.  She has you on her list to write . . . but somehow not much writing gets done around here . . . I'm speaking for both of us!!!

Got new tires put on the truck.  The others were the originals and had just 34,000 miles on them.

Thanks for your letter - etc. ----

Love, Berta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album