Thursday, April 09, 2020

1980 Uncle Bill's Retirement Letter -Mar.27

March 27, 1980

To: All My Clientele

This is to announce that my retirement plans have now been finalized.  For the record I actually reached the age of retirement more than a year ago and have found this decision a very difficult one to make.  Arrangements for my retirement have been made with the utmost thought in mind of you, my clientele, which I shall attempt to explain.

Upon retirement (effective March 31, 1980) Charles W. (Chuck) Johnson will be transferring from the Dean Witter Reynolds branch office in Chattanooga, Tennessee, to assume responsibility for servicing my accounts.  This is, of course, in each individual case subject to your approval.

It should be made known, however, that this arrangement was consummated as a result of my efforts and with the support and cooperation of the firm.  Chuck, age 40, grew up in the Lake Worth Community, so actually he is coming back home.  He is a graduate of Lake Worth High School, attended Palm Beach Junior College, and has his Bachelor's, Master's and Doctorate degrees from Florida State University.  He served as Assistant to the Chancellor and Assistant Professor at the University of Tennessee, Chattanooga Campus, before joining a competitor brokerage firm in the year 1976, later transferring to Dean Witter Reynolds.

I have known Chuck for more than 25 years and look upon him as a person with high values and ability, dependability in his chosen profession and character above reproach.  I do not hesitate to recommend him to you.

My association with the brokerage of Dean Witter Reynolds has been a rewarding one and it has been a pleasure serving your investment needs.  I trust that many lasting friendships have been formed.

Should you have any questions about your account, and wish to meet with Chuck and myself, please do not hesitate to contact us, as I shall make myself available for this purpose.  My telephone number at home is (305) 582-6402.

With best personal regards, I remain

Sincerely,

William A. Horton
Account Executive

WAH:jcc

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album