Saturday, April 04, 2020

1980 Catherine's Letter -Mar.13

Thursday, March 13, 1980

Dear Mother, Dad, and Mary,

Hi!  Today we were supposed to go to Portland for Gerry's Dr. appointment with the M.D. but Gerry called the workmen's comp people yesterday as the weather is very bad with lots of snow in the mountains and we wouldn't have been able to drive over.  Anyway they cancelled the appointment and said he didn't need to go anyway.  That was a relief.  So we are both going to work today as usual and Wendy is going to the Day Care Center.  She seems to be doing real well at both the babysitters and the Day Care Center.  She is all excited to go in the morning and then she is even more excited when I get her in the evening.  Also it has made a regular bedtime much easier for her to handle.

My job is going fine.  I am really enjoying working again.  Managing these apartments was work but not in the same way as this.  We did give our notice to Chambers for April 15th.  They wanted to know if they could use me as a consultant for their new managers so they won't have to rush over from Eugene to handle every little problem.  I said sure but I haven't told them how much it is going to cost them yet.  Now that we are quitting they are all full of praise about how good a job we have done for them.  We get more enthused about moving into our house every day.  It will be nice not to live on a parking lot where we have to watch all the goings on and patrol the grounds all the time.  It should also give us alot more time this summer to ourselves.

Your books arrived yesterday. Thanks alot.  Wendy really likes the two you sent for her.  The cookbook looks like it has lots of interesting recipes and thanks to Mary for the consumer book.  It's the first Christmas present we have received this year!  I haven't yet had a chance to look at the microwave papers but I'm sure they will come in handy.  And I'll try to get those pictures taken care of in the next week or so.  Today the UMW is having their meeting at noon - a potluck luncheon.  They have the program first and then the business meeting.  My lunch hour is from 1-2 so I will get there for the business part of the meeting.  I talked to one of the older ladies yesterday and she said they would save some lunch for me.  There is most generally more food than can be eaten anyway.

Well, I better close.  I need to finish getting Wendy dressed so we can leave in about 15 minutes.

Hope all is well in New Vienna.  I will probably try to call early Friday morning, of course you won't get this until way after that but you'll know that if I don't get through I tried.

Love,
Catherine, Gerry
& Wendy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album