Saturday, April 11, 2020

1980 Roberta's anniversary card to Mom & Dad -Apr.1


Hi!  Talked to Serena on Saturday -- glad she does call & bring me up to date -- on her & rest of family.  She had already talked to you & Catherine & Carol.  Serena told me the disappointing news -- that Miss Wendy still can't say my name -- I'm beginning to have my doubts -- how she will do in medical school!

Just got done w/supper -- had pork chops done out on the grill -- really having nice warm days now!  Thanks goodness those cold days are over -- when it got down in the 60's -- & the freezing 50's.  By June we'll be able to cook outside -- maybe even w/out the grill -- just solar heat!

A new woman has been hired to work out in East Mesa -- she is 61 years old & lives about a mile from the center.  Her name is Grace -- and I think she will be good.  Her father who is 94 years old is very active at a senior center in Utah.  I bet she is Mormon.  She will start on Monday.  Also on Monday the driver is to be interviewed & chosen.  I'll be a little bored when the driver finally gets hired & started!!

I'll be thinking about you all a little more than usual on April 3rd -- & will try to call once Mary Virginia gets home from her hospital stay.  Did she use the word "GROSS" w/ Dr. Hale this time?

Will John & Carol be spending Easter in New Vienna?  I hope John let Grandma eat on the trip home?!!

Saturday we took Agnes "downtown" Mesa for Maxwell Street days -- it was a busy day in town -- not the usual no-crowd day.

OH!  A big 6 theater place is being built across from Fiesta Mall -- just West of it.  The Montgomery Wards store is to open up April 12th -- Lots of building going on all around!

Love,
Roberta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album