Thursday, April 16, 2020

1980 Roberta's Letter - Apr.9


[4/9/90]
Wednesday PM --
Dear Family,
Hi!  Glad to be able to have talked to you all this last week -- tho it seems hard to find Mary Virginia at home!

Sure had a busy week-end over Easter -- delivered flowers all day on Saturday (spent the $ on a pair of bargain Famolare -- sandals -- my 1st pair of Famolare sandals!)  Sunday afternoon I delivered little Easter bunnies our people had made -- out of cotton balls & small milk cartons.  Took them down to the Royal Nursing Home.

We ate our Brunch at the Other Place -- Mesa -- really was good.  Thought it was much better than the one we had eaten at in Tempe -- both in the restaurant itself & food.  Marion filled up on the pastry table -- but there was lots of fresh fruit -- and good selection of vegetables -- both raw and cooked.  We had the wheelchair Dial-a-Ride take Agnes -- I rode w/ her going down.  She really ate -- everything but green beans -- which she says she get every day.

Really beginning to get HOT here - up in the 90's today.  I still wear gloves/winter coat in the AM -- but by afternoon just right w/ short sleeve top.

Karry (Marion's niece) went w/ me to my 1st Aerobic class -- really was fun.  She is in her 4th week of classes in it -- so a big help to me.  Tonight stopped on my way home from school to get pair of tights -- we were strongly encouraged to get either tights or support hose -- for support legs.  My legs were little sore after first class.  About 30 in the class -- most last week were in complete stretch gym suit / tights, etc.  Wide range of ages -- from about 16 to 60!

We are going on "field trips" on my Wednesday night class -- looking at pools -- recreational facilities.  Last week was Chandler -- tonight made a "tour" of 2 places in Scottsdale.  I don't find it all too exciting -- but w/ alot of effort (& help!) hope to get an A out of the course.

Mary Virginia -- how are you getting along?  Have you completely decided against Friends Boarding School?  IF you need help getting in -- I'll be glad to write a reference letter in your behalf!

They (Salt River Project) have to keep releasing water -- due to snow melting, etc. -- so only the 3 bridges open -- Marion is still car-pooling -- thank goodness!  By leaving at 6:15 -- only takes them 45 minutes to go the -- what would be direct to the school -- 13 miles!

We still don't have a van driver -- so I'm still driving -- leave the van in town at night -- at the new center -- So miles aren't getting piled on too much on new bike.  Only some 250 miles!!

Hope all is fine -- hope you can read my scribbles!!

Love,
Berta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album