Sunday, October 08, 2017

1987 MV's letter -Oct.5

10-5-87
Dear Mom, Dad & Grandma –

This past week went so quickly – it doesn't seem possible that I'll be coming home this weekend.  I plan to come home Saturday morning.  I want to try to get my studying done Friday night so I don't have to worry about it over the weekend.

Wilmington's homecoming is Saturday, which you've probably heard – I wanted to spend the day over there – hopefully Lorraine will come down and then there's the parade and football game.  Would it be possible for John and I to have dinner with you Saturday night before we go to the dance at the college?  Sunday is his birthday and his mom has planned a big dinner after church so I won't be in much at all Sunday and then Monday I'll be leaving -- so that's the whole weekend.  If you have other plans for Saturday night don't worry about it ---- I just wanted to let you know the schedule.

This past weekend I called at the last minute to sing with a group that was going Indianapolis – We sang for a fund raiser for the school that was held at the Holiday Inn North.  They really kept us busy so I didn't have a chance to call Serena.  We drove up late Friday night and came back in the wee hours Sat. night / Sun. morning.  8 of us sang for a group of about 150.

Diane's parents are coming the night of Oct. 20 just for the night.  I think she told you they would be coming on their way to see Civil War battlefields.

A couple girls from the dorm went down to Highbridge yesterday said it was real pretty but no trails or anything to do except look at the bridge.  Diane is still amazed that Dad wanted to walk down there.

Well – I need to study and practice before I play racquetball this afternoon.  Hope everything is well in New Vienna.  Will see you Saturday morning.  Have you heard anything from JBU?

Love,
Mary Va.

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album