Sunday, October 15, 2017

1967 Roberta's Letter -Oct.12

[Evidently written over several days, but postmarked Oct. 12, 1967]

[An undated note included with this letter, possibly written prior to the letter.]

Dear family,

I got back all safe & sound – to my own surprise.

Your letter with Catherine's included was here when I arrived.  Am saving C's letter & will mail it in next letter home.

Also got pretty yellow PJ's in mail.  Thanks!

Had English test today – probably didn't do too good as always.  Well, that's life.

Love, Roberta

* * * * *

Monday 
Dear Family,

Tests, tests, tests – ok – how I'm sick of tests!  Some of them were easy & some hard but just the thought of them is enough to make me sick!

I don't think I have done too good on any of them.  I seem to know the material but get scared & excited and then I get all goofed up.

Today "big" committee met, they are walking all over the place, visiting classes and all!

Teacher Tom came to pick us up at Morristown or whatever.  He asked me "How I found my parents?"  I said, "Just Fine."  That was all that was said.  (thank goodness!

The pressure is beginning to get greater, at the same time my cold gets worse.  It seems like I'm always having to blow my nose!  ICK!  My nose is beginning to get sore!

Well, got to go – hope you didn't mind me writing every other line but it doesn't seem so tiring this way.  C's letter included.

Love,
Roberta

Hi!  Here is is Thursday – and the tests keep coming on strong!  ICK!

[Return address on envelope says from "Your Darling Daughter – HA!]



No comments:

Items from Uible photo album