Tuesday, October 10, 2017

1967 Serena's Letter -Oct.

[Undated but after Oct. 3, 1967]

Dear Catherine,

Really sorry I haven't written but I really haven't had time.

OH, guess what SURPRISE I joined choir Sunday!?  I was really drafted into it when I was looking Melissa Rupp.  She was putting on a robe and – well I was drafted.  Will be going to practice on Wednesday.

Science is really TERRIBLE.  Guess what I got on two tests a 100 & 67 (ha, ha) but I LOVE English!?  Reading & Spelling is so-so.  I tend to dislike History but I don't HATE it.  MATH is a LITTLE better than so-so.  Band music is TERRIBLY HARD the bells music is great but oboe is quite another thing.  Say I'm in 7th grade girls chorus – not as if I had a CHOICE but I'm in it whether I like or not.  (I chose alto from I soprano & II soprano).  Ruth Ann Johnson also picked alto even though her voice isn't as low as mine – after the first song she acts like she to sing BASS or something.

Mrs. David Allen's (Linda Sue's mother) baby was due Tuesday (October 3, 1967) but we are still waiting.

Say, how do you like my lines & paper NEAT EH!?

Well all I've been talking about is myself.  How are you, your roommate (whatever-her-name-is), Mrs. M., your big sister (seems rather FUNNY that YOU should have BIG sister), Charlie, _______  ________ Nelson, and  ___________ KALAMAZOO?????????

Your dear, loving, beautiful, charming, IMPOSSIBLE SISTER

Look elsewhere for my name (as if you don't know)

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album