Wednesday, October 18, 2017

1977 Roberta's Letter -Oct.13

Sept 30, 1977
Oct 13, 1977
Dear Family,

No!  I didn't think today was the 30th!  I was very much aware of it being the 13th – when I was sitting at the Bureau of Driver's License today – I'm now a proud owner of an Arizona license!  Got a 86 on the written  – then turned right around & took the driving test & got 100!  But I do have lots of experience behind me!  Parked the car – just right – had Marin's – which she  hasn't sold yet!

I have been busy today – am trying to get a job w City of Mesa – I don't think small.  Was also out at Motorola today – few other places.  I'm anxious to work again – get settled here.  Want to find a place to live – before all the rich tourists get here – but think it wise to locate job 1st!

OH!  Now that I have Ariz. license – don't need to worry about Ohio license.  Thanks though!

Dad, please send my $ out – close my account – Lat year the bank put a 10 day - 2 week hold on the cashier's check – so please send out money order – or whatever.  At least send out half ($500) in M.O. – so I can use it if necessary.  I'll be asking for my belongings later.

 Since my trip I have lots of stationary – oodles of post cards.

I went to the Mesa library yesterday & got 2 books – almost couldn't get a card – due to my lack of I.D.  OH!  at the license place I was asked to show proof that I was over 21!  I asked to speak to the supervisor.!

Thanks for calling last night – quite a surprise!  I'll let you know about the job situation – I'm used to looking so that really doesn't bother m – just a matter of time.

Marion is going to Idaho Falls – flying – coming back Monday P.M.  Her sister & brother -in-law are in Europe – thus her folks are up there taking care of her niece & nephew.

I had a BAD  permanent in California – had my hair cut short – now it looks like very short natural curly hair.  Before it was just too long!

The Buick is doing just fine – I have been letting it go to school – while I Use Marion's car.  She had all the little dents taken out of hers & doesn't want any new ones before she sells it and of course I don't mind driving her car!

What is Serena's address?  Have you heard from her?  It's late – will let you know any drastic changes – thanks for sending the $.

Love, 
Berta 

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album