Monday, October 30, 2017

1977 Roberta's Letter -Oct.30


October 30, 1977

Hi!  Thanks for your long newsy letter – and the telephone calls – just wish the connections were better!

This last week it seems has been specially hectic.  I'm all organized now at work – on the attendance part of my job.  I've typed up alphabetical lists of senior, juniors, and sophomores.  Now when I get a call I simply mark my list.  When I go to type up the bulletin as to absence – it's a breeze.

The school has almost 800 students – out of that there are about 170 special ed. students, the school is made up of mostly part time students who either work part time or go to another high school part time.  The school is in the original high school building in Mesa.  It's an old school – spread out over about a block and a half.  Where I am used to be the library.  The school now has about 20 "portables" which they use as classrooms.  They really have a wide variety of courses – you'll have to go through the school when you come.

Friday was a weird day at work – except for the vice principal there for about an hour I was all by myself.  I got alot done – except for a few phone calls – I had not other distractions.

I've got some (quite a few) things I'd like you to bring out – or would you rather send it out otherwise.

How is Ruth?  I had a letter from her the same day your letter came – she said how she enjoyed your phone calls, Mother.  I couldn't believe that John was still in bed when you wrote the letter.

Does he say anything about going back to the farm?  How about Carol coming for Thanksgiving?

Dad, I hope you had a really great birthday – now I can't even find the letter I wrote – there is a brown shirt hanging in my closet for you – it's printed & long sleeved.

I hear from Cathy quite a bit.  I'm going out to Arizona State University & put up an ad about going to San Diego.

Have some other correspondence to catch up on ––

Mar Virginia – where will you go in the city in February?  Have you written the Rosan's?  I had a letter from Dawn.

Love,
Berta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album