Monday, October 30, 2017

1987 Catherine's Letter -Oct.29

Thursday, October 29, 1987
Dear Mother & Dad,

Hi!  I started a letter to you last week while I was at my computer class but lost it when the computer glitched before I had a chance to get it printed.  So, I'll try again.  I'm now on my supper hour (work 12-9 today) and had planned to pick up Gerry and take him home while grabbing something to eat, but we had a gigantic rain storm at 5:00 so he called and said someone from work would drop him off.  Therefore I didn't have to go out into the storm.  It seems to have let up now and the sun was out a few minutes later so I guess the worst is over.

I went to Wendy's reading class this morning and listened to the students present reports on communication.  Wendy did hers on monkey communication and used two monkeys puppets from the library) as part of her project.  She had read some of the books about monkeys that learned sign language, different kinds of sounds that monkeys make, etc.  I also put in a little time at the school library.  I think I've totaled 4 volunteer hours so far, done some weeding and trying to put the card catalog in proper order.  Evidently for several years someone filed who wasn't really familiar with the alphabet and/or filing rules!

Roberta as usual is busy all the time.  Last night Gerry and I went down and visited with Sid for awhile as Wendy was at Pioneer Girls.  Roberta was at a fashion show or somewhere.  We went on half (13.5 miles of the Grapenuts Bicycle Ride last Sunday with the.  They took us and our bicycles down to the State Capital and then they made the round trip back to their truck while we stopped off the route (which came closest to our house at the Crescent Hotel (25th & Dunlap).  Wendy bogged down after about four miles but then got her second wind and made it the rest of the way pretty well.

We're looking forward to seeing John in the near future and then you folks shortly thereafter.  How was the birthday, Dad?  You were another day older, huh?

Well, I better get back to work now.  It will probably be a semi-slow night since the storm will have scared some people into staying at home!

Love,
Catherine, Gerry
& Wendy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album