Tuesday, October 17, 2017

1977 Catherine's Letter -Oct.14


Friday morning
October 14, 1977
Dear Mom, Dad, and Mary Virginia,

Hi!  Well, this will be quick letter as Wendy and I are taking the bus to El Cajon later this morning to meet Gerry for lunch.  He took the stroller in the car so we will have it to use after we get there.  Yesterday I took her for her first "stroll" and she did pretty well.  The seat reclines flat so she is able to lie down.  The only problem is that her head rolls around a little if it is bumpy.  At least at the shopping center it won't be bumpy or too many curbs!

She is due to wake up any minute.  Last night she was actually in bad and asleep by 9:45.  Of course then she woke up at 3:00 but at least Gerry and I got to bed at a decent hour for a change.

Don't worry, Mother, I've been getting my rest – taking a nap and/or going back to bed afterGerry goes to work.  And I haven't been doing anything too strenuous.  Wendy's face seems to be breaking out a little – do you think that would be from the orange juice?

Roberta called last night and said she has a good possibility of a job in Mesa so I guess she will be staying in the west although not in San Diego.  We're hoping maybe she'll be able to come visit over Veteran's Day weekend.

I called Dr. Rubinstein's office again about the prescription for Mary Virginia.  The girl said she would send it direct to Ohio.  Let me know if you don't get it within a few days and I'll call her back– you remember it took two calls the last time.

If Mary Virginia would like to have a bracelet I could order another one.  They also have key chains.  Let me know.  They keep the pictures on file for two years so there is no great rush about reordering.

Well, I better go finish the laundry and get a move on or Wendy will miss her first bus ride!

Hope to hear from you soon!

Love,
Catherine, Gerry & Wendy

P.S.  I'm saving the Sunday travel sections so you'll have some reading material at Christmas, Dad!

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album