Saturday, October 14, 2017

1967 Catherine's Letter -Oct.11

10/11/67
Dear Mother, Daddy, Serena, John, Mary V.,

Hi!  Got Mother's letter just today so decided to write you all a short note.  I am at the library now or I would type.  I don't go back to the dorm between breakfast and the time when I get finished (?) maybe I should say stop studying at night.  It is much more convenient because the library is closer to all my classes and with this constant downpour of rain . . . .  Gina and I rotate signing each other out so we don't both have to go back to the dorm. 

It is kind of funny because usually the same people sit in the same place at the same time day after day.

I really should be studying art now as I have class in a few minutes – however, I am sick of studying art.  Physics and math I can take but art – UGH!

Remember Elaine's [Harner] old friend Bill?  Well, I thought for sure I was rid of him as I didn't even give Al [Bill's friend] my address.  However, today I got a "warning" from Donna Coleman saying she had received a call from "that Bill character" asking for my address.  I guess the world is too small!

Please send the package from the Noble's.   I haven't the faintest idea what it is.  I haven't heard from Jenna but I did get a letter from Mrs. A.

Have to go now to that most enlightening and delightful art course! (Cough! Cough! Choke!!)

Hi!  It is now 10:00 A.M. Thursday and I just discovered this letter in my math book!  I got a letter from you this morning which must have really zipped here as the postmark reads yesterday!

Serena, I was glad to get your letter also and I will try to write back sometime in the near future (?).

I just got back from talking to Dr. Bausch my math prof.  I really flubbed up on the papers he handed back yesterday so I thought I better get it straightened out before it gets any more serious.

Last night we had our little get-together with the faculty counselors.  Ours was at Dr. Smith's house which is very nice.  They have one little boy (5) and Mrs. Smith is expecting.

I am looking forward to seeing you all whenever it is that you're coming.

Evan's last name is Sugarbaker.  Does that make you feel better?  Why on earth is there such a think about last names.  His last name might have been Bulwinkle!

I've got to to get back to the library now and then off to physics quiz!  FUN, FUN FUN!  At least I don't have art today.

Love,
Catherine


No comments:

Items from Uible photo album