Thursday, October 12, 2017

1987 Catherine's Letter -Oct.8

Thursday, October 8, 1967

Dear Mother & Dad

Hi!  What's new in Ohio?  We talked to Serena (who called us) and John last weekend.  And of course we're looking forward to seeing you and John next month.  Wendy and I haven't decided whether we want to ride in the 25 mile Tucson ride yet.  I'm inclined to say no but we haven't ruled it out yet.

Gerry and I are going to the storytellers conference this weekend which should be fun.  It is being held in the Pine Camp Center in the Chiricahua (pronounced Cheer-a-ka-wa as close as I can figure) mountains of Southeast Arizona so will get to see some new territory.  It's a fairly primitive type place, we take our own sleeping bags, etc.  The brochure does say it has hot and cold plumbing so I guess it's really not that primitive.  Elevation is 6200 feet so I imagine it will be cooler than Phoenix!  Wendy's feelings are somewhat hurt that she doesn't get to go but I know Roberta will keep her well entertained and she'll do more fun and exciting things than she would if we stayed home.

Wendy just got a pen pal in Kentucky so she was all excited last night about writing a letter to her.  Her whole class is writing to a class in a school there.  I think the town is Cold Springs where the school is but in the letter the girl said she lives in Highland Heights (?).  At any rate it appears to be near Covington.

We got the long letter from Serena in yesterday's mail.  The quote from Garrison Keillor was very interesting.  Serena said on the phone that she is looking for a library job in the midwest so wonder where she will end up in another six months!

Well, I better close as I have some other letters to write and then I need to go home and get ready to go to work sine I work from 1-9 this afternoon.  Hope to hear from you again soon!

Love,
Catherine, Gerry
& Wendy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album