Thursday, October 05, 2017

1967 Roberta's Letter to Catherine -Oct.5

[10/5/67]

Dear Catherine,

Hi!  I got your letter today.  I like your stationery, how do you like mine?  I got it at Hallmark in a little folder like it also has other letterhead too.

I plan to lose 50 pounds!  Since I have already lost 23 I only have 27 more pounds to lose!  ICK!

I have both pairs of glasses now.  You are right, they are unusual!

Oh, yes!  I got a permanent in my hair!  You should see it now.  We left it in double time so I would have lots of "body", WELL!  The hair all burned at the end.  So!  We decided to cut it!  It's shorter than it ever has been before!  I haven't told Mom & Dad yet – am not sure how to.

What is Charlie's (from Lakeside) last name?

How's Gina?  I got a letter from Mom today and she said they met her & was real impressed and all – you know how the story goes.

[There may be more to this letter but only the first page is currently available.]


1 comment:

Mary Uible Crowson said...

Hopefully the "more" is not an even sketchier letterhead? Obviously Roberta did not go to a professional for her perm if they thought it a good idea to leave the perm in twice as long....for more curl, you use smaller rods?!

Items from Uible photo album