Tuesday, October 03, 2017

1967 Catherine's letter -Oct.3


10/3/67
Dear Mother, Daddy, Serena, John and Mary,

Hi!  Sorry this letter is so late in coming.  I just don't seem to be having too many spare minutes in which to write.  Right now it is 7:50 and our Monday night meeting will start in about 10 minutes.  It is now a little later and I will attempt to finish this letter.

Today I registered.  Whew!  Am I ever glad that is over.  It really wasn't too bad as I didn't have to stand in any lines or anything it was just confusing.  I will now attempt to tell you exactly what my schedule will be.

[Not transcribed but included Physics, Chapel, Art, PE, and Math, with one class that met on Saturday to emphasize we were not to leave for the weekends!]

Tomorrow is the first day of classes, but rather than having my regular Tuesday schedule I will go to every class which meets on the hour.  I bought two of my art books second hand -- both paperback but they have never been marked in.  The physics and math books are all new because they have never been used for the course before.  I guess I am going to get them tomorrow.

Gina and I went downtown Saturday and bought bedspreads and some material for the curtains.  The bedspreads are brown but the curtains are plaid.

I went to the computer dance with a guy named Clark.  (For your benefit, Mother his whole name is Harrison Clark Nelson.)  He lives here in K so had a car which was kind of nice.  I haven't even seen him since Saturday night but we weren't really that well matched!  All the kids here are really great!  Everyone is really friendly and I feel like I have known them for alot longer than five days.  The closest I have found anyone to New Vienna is a guy from Columbus and a girl from Eaton.

I got a new typewriter ribbon but I thought I would try using some of this red up first.

I signed up for the tutoring program but may work in the office rather than tutor because my afternoon classes conflict with the setup.

I better be signing off now as I want to get a full night sleep before classes start tomorrow.

Love,
Catherine

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album