Monday, October 23, 2017

1987 MV's Letter -Oct.19


10-19-87
Dear Mom & Dad,

How was the Hilly Hundred?  Did it rain in Indiana?  It did here Saturday, but yesterday was gorgeous.

I spent most of the Saturday working on a reflection paper for my CE class.  We had to compare the several educational philosophies we've covered over the past couple weeks.  My first test in there came back Friday.  I ended up with an A-.

Mid Terms are supposed to be this week, but I only have one in Church Music History, which will be this Friday.  He's supposed to give us a study guide for it tomorrow.

The College is having visitation for high school students on Thursday & Friday, so 2 girls from Port William are coming down Wednesday and staying until Saturday.  They'll be staying with Diane and I.

John Z sent me flowers for Sweetest Day – a basket with pink roses, white carnations and a hershey bar.  He might come down after work Saturday as he has Sunday off.

I will be coming home the following weekend – Oct. 30.  Hymnology will be meeting on Wednesday instead of Friday that week, so I should be home at approximately 3:00. 

When does JBU go to Phoenix?  How was Serena?  What did the Harners do in Bloomington?  I'm sure you'll probably answer all those in the family letter . . .  but . . . .

Diane is getting a phone put in the room this week, so if you should call and can't get through on the pay phone, the number is 606-858-9135.

Thanksgiving really is no big deal . . . .  Right now it looks like it'll only John Z, Diane and 2 at the most from school.  Everybody else seems to be finding places to go.  Serena & John will be home, yes?

Time for supper.  Sorry I didn't write sooner.  I had intended to go to Nichlosville & pick up a Sweetest Day card for you.  So much for good intentions.  The trees down here are really pretty.  See you in 10 days.

Much love,
Mary Va.

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album