Saturday, October 28, 2017

1977 Roberta's letter to John -Oct.24

October 24, 1977
Hi, John!

Was good to talk to you & to find out that the Granada is looking so good – just tell me one thing – how many miles does it have ???  Marion won't tell me!

2nd day on the job went pretty smooth.  I'm getting  organized more & more.  Friday there isn't any school – but since I'm a county employee – I have to work.

Marion is watching Football, last night it was Basketball – all last week the World Series.  Sally Faherty called after the Yankees won!

She still hasn't sold her car – so I have been driving it, she uses the luxury car – of course I don't mind using her car – it's not as classy though of course as the VAN of last year!

How do you spell Carol's college?  Marian says to print it!

I made you some Rice Crispie squares – you know  what you like.  Anyway – something went wrong – I couldn't get them mixed up – then they were tasteless.  So we ate about half & threw the other half out!  But the intentions were there for you to enjoy them.

Please!  Come out at Christmas – after all I get a whole day off!

Was the Brounce (?) ring good ?    Wish I had been there to share it with you.

Have you found a place yet for your YAF office?  It's late & I better not start a new page – Take Care –

Love, Berta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album