Monday, October 02, 2017

1967 Roberta's letter -Oct.2



[Undated but assumed to be about Oct. 2, 1967]

Dear Family,

Well, how does this impress you?  [School report on "How the Aboriginal's Survive" included in envelope.  Teacher's notes included at the end of the letter.]   I have never been to a school that has you do a report every 2 1/2 days or so!

This report was for Ancient History.  We could pick almost any subject as long as it went along with ancient history.

Do you get the message about my permissions?  I hope so.  I called up Aunt Virginia in hope uf us (Helen ad I) going to her house next weekend!

Well, she said she wasn't sure if she would be home or not but that she would write.  So!  Then we got the idea that if we couldn't go to Pitts. we would try and go to Hinermans.

So!!!!  If you haven't sent permission yet please do.  And as fast as you can.  We are suppose to have all our permissions on Monday of the week that we go.

It costs me $8.40 to go to Pittsburgh on bus.  Got the hint!

Did I tell you Faith and I are making a dress!  It is green and orange material.  It's really pretty material – at least I think so.  The pattern sort of straight with a little bag to it – (loosely fit) it has a yoke at the top on the front.  I'll enclose a little piece of material that we have left in with this letter.

My other glasses came in and I'll trace them below.

Hi!  (again) it is now Monday and I have given up the idea of going any-place this weekend.  Mainly because they are having a good movie here this week-end and I want to stay and see it.

I will draw my other pair of glasses on the next page, something came up when I was going to draw them the last time, and I haven't got them with me right now.  So! ! !  I'll have to say, it will be later, again.

Here is a piece of the material that we making my dress.  We have all the pieces cut out, the darts in, and the yoke gathered so far.  How do you like the material?  The whole thing – 3 yards of material, pattern, thread, zipper and eye & hook cost $3.92.  How about that?

John, I sent you your birthday present in the mail today.  It will probably take awhile to get to you but it will come.  I thought I would send it first class but there was a thing called money so I sent it parcel post or what ever.  I hope you don't already have it – if you do I'll just keep it myself.

Well, I got to go.  See you all Oct. 21 (??) .  Well anyway November 2, 1967!  One month from today.  (I think)

It is now 10:00 and I will have to mail this tomorrow.  Because my stamps are over in the dorm.

Love,
Roberta

[Tracing of glasses]   They (my glasses) are a speckled sort of brown & rust color

* * * * *
School Report notes written on last page of 6-page written report.
Grade:  A–  Roberta writes "Get that will you!"

Teacher writes:

Bobbey –– Roberta's note "They still call me that - ICK"

You picked good points.  Keep at it!  – Tr. Jane

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album