Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday

to

Don Crowson

and

Mary Uible Horton


I'd mention how old they are today, but the last reference I remember hearing about Don's age was when Ginny was about 6ish and she asked her mother. Her mother's reply was "He is older than dirt." So I guess he has gotten a bit older since then, as has Mary Horton, as we all have.


I was going to include a picture of a birthday cake and a cup of mint chocolate chip ice cream for Aunt Mary, but Blogger seems rather slow today about adding pictures and I don't feel like going the longer way around to add pictures. Also, since Senior Uibles have a telephone modem hookup, any page that includes pictures takes a LONG time to load. I also changed Blogger to show only the last 5 posts on the front page so that it would load faster for Senior Uibles.

Anyway,


Happy Birthday

from all the extended Uible family

to both

Don Crowson

and

Mary Uible Horton

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is the next family birthday . . . Wendy Jean Morgan? She will be soon be 30! Well, not this year. And her birthday is somewhere between the 23rd and the 25th . . . or thereabouts, and I'm pretty sure it is in September. I'm also sure that she will object to being referred to as almost 30 . . . but on the other hand, I'm almost 60, so I'll write what I want.

5 comments:

Catherine Uible Morgan said...

Almost 60, Serena? What, are you rounding to the closest 20 years? Isn't it Joe that will turn 60 soonest?

Serena said...

I round up to the closest older decade. Although I'm thinking about just rounding up to 80 or so, that way I stay the same age for a long time. It is mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Roberta said...

Walking down memory lane, how fitting that it is Don and Aunt Mary's birthdays! Serena and I have been looking at pictures over the past decades! I have seen some pictures today of when I was younger than Wendy Jean! Wait till you see the Postcard collection that Serena is putting together for you Catherine. Not that I would do it, but at five cents a card, I would have a fortune! GUESS WHAT? we found, oh, I don't want to tell here, but ask Serena for more details. Remember what happened 32 years ago today? It was a sad day in New Vienna, I can remember the look on Grandma's face, when Nixon said, I might have done something wrong. More later, this is Roberta posting.....

Roberta said...

Has anyone else noticed? This clock is not right? From Roberta who is not a rocket scientist!

Mary Uible Crowson said...

what clock?

Items from Uible photo album