Wednesday, August 09, 2006

What I get paid to do

I guess that I could have just commented on Mary Ga's (not a typo the GA is for Georgia) post but I thought you might all be interested in my career. As of June 19, 2006 I am the Team Lead for the Adjustments and Research Department of Capitol Bancorp Limited a bank holding company. CBL is a bank holding community which has the unique position of owning the most individual bank charters in the United States. We currently have 47 banks across the country and more in the works to open. Two are in Georgia: Sunrise Bank of Atlanta and Bank of Valdosta. There is also a bank scheduled to open in Ohio this year: Bank of Maumee. Anyhow my department handles all the check adjustments and collections for our banks. So if say a check paid twice or was encoded for the wrong amount - we step in and fix things. We deal alot with the Federal Reserve Banks - and let me tell you some of the people there are real idiots. Anyway I am learning a lot and still have lots more to learn. My degree definitely helped me get the job. Highly emphasizing my communications background helped me to land the Team Lead position. Also as Serena may have mentioned - Ken's mom is my boss's boss (she's the vp of item processing). Both of Ken's sisters also work for the company. Stephanie works in Exception Item Processing (they handle return items) and Sarah works at Camelback Community Bank which is right down the road from me. And I do like the job and the people but it is quite stressful at times. Oh yeah and being pregnant is kind of stressful. And I think I may have broken one of my toes tonight but that is a different story.

4 comments:

Roberta said...

Wendy, WOW....I am very impressed! I was glad to hear more about both what you do and the company as a whole! We look forward to meeting more of Ken's family! I think I would rather deal with seniors anyday than a gov't agency and problems! And speaking of problems, have you heard our AC went out?

When is your next class and how are you coming along on the learning? I need to be working on a card for Rose (Patience's Mom) who is returning to Africa in the next week or two. Details to follow..................

Roberta said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Serena said...

I emailed Wendy's post to Senior Uibles, but the message got blocked as Spam . . . I assume because it came from Blogger. Anyway, I copied it and sent it on to them from my Gmail account, but don't know if they have gotten it.

Mary Uible Crowson said...

Wendy, I agree with RUK that your job does sound serious/impressive! Banking/investments seems to be a UIBLE preferred vocation as I've done family tree research...including Woody and Dave Uible in Cincinnati whom we had dinner with this summer! They are part of the Richard Uible family that had 9 (yes nine) children...

Items from Uible photo album