Tuesday, June 08, 2021

1981 Roberta's Letter -June 9

 

Tuesday 7:25 AM
June 9, 1981

Dear Family,

Buffy & I just got back from our morning walk -- trying to take him later in the AM -- so I can take him later in the afternoon.  All I can do now to drag him out in the heat of the day!  You folks sure missed this HOT weather!!

Went swimming for the 1st time yesterday -- 4:00-5:00 -- by 5:00 the pool was almost empty!!

Have really been wearing my new shoes -- the joggers.  Even to work most days -- they squeak & thus I've been given a new nickname!!

About 12 people invited themselves over for a house warming party last Wednesday -- that was something else -- so much food!!  They stayed till 11:00 -- & we've got the clock up now.  In fact all the pictures -- etc. -- so really do look moved in!!

Thanks for your letters & enclosures -- I'm still thinking about a dishwasher tho I won't buy from that place we went!!

Dad -- I took the soda cans to the store -- got 46¢ -- had added a few cans myself to the collection.

Grandma -- are you ready for Alaska?  Will that make all 50 states for you?

Enjoying the cool cabin!

What are MV & MY doing now??

Much Love,
Roberta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album