Monday, June 14, 2021

1971 Roberta's Letter -June 19


June 19, 1971

Dear Family,

Well, tonight will be the big wedding.  [Marianne & Larry]  I hope you all lived through all the excitement!!

We are now at Thetis Island.  Got here yesterday about 5:00.  After two ferry rides and two bus rides.  During which the bus broke down on the last trip.

We start these 'meetings' today.  Like in about five minutes.

Thetis Island is really nice -- we are right on the water -- I mean close to it.

Right now we all are staying at the campgrounds that the Mission has.

Sunday night I'll find out where I'll be for the summer & who I'll be with.

We got our notebooks last night -- guess what is there along with alot of other stuff?  RECIPES!!  We do our own cooking!!!

Well -- I've got to go. I'll write more tomorrow or Monday.

Love,
Bert

Roberta Uible
North American Indian Missions
Thetis Island
British Columbia
Canada!!

(I'll find out permanent address on Sunday night.)

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album