Friday, June 25, 2021

1981 Roberta's letters to GHU -June 25,27


 [Some confusion on the dates of these letters -- assuming Roberta was aware of the day of the week when she wrote, the Thursday letter is from June 25, 1981 and the Saturday letter was written on June 27.]

              *  *  *  *  *

Thursday  pm

Hi Grandma --

Thanks for your letter & check -- I'm really looking forward to the trip -- that will mean I've been in all 50 states!!  How about you?

Please give pictures back to the folks -- thanks!  Good pictures!

Only time for a note -- I need a 30 hour day!!

Much Love,
Roberta

*  *  *  *  *

Saturday AM

Hi Grandma,

Wanted to send you the following flight schedules -- Which came in yesterday's mail.  Seems like we are really keeping the mails busy!!

I'm home this weekend -- need to stay here & get some things done -- and maybe rest a little!!

Yesterday was some day -- at 8:00 AM -- I had 2 teeth pulled -- then went right to work.  By 10:00 - the air conditioner went out & it got so HOT inside the building.  Judy -- who works there part time -- went home sick -- then 3 women fainted & another had a small heart attack.  Called the paramedics -- & she went to the hospital.  It was a very hectic day!!  Then after work I stopped by the bank & as I was pulling out the air (all of it) went out of my back tire on the bike!!

If that wasn't enough before I got home my back pack busted & everything fell out of it.  What a day!!!

I need to walk dear Buffy & get started on the days activities -- cleaning -- UGH!!

Hope these flights are fine w/you!  Just 2 months till our BIG TRIP!!

Love
Roberta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album