Tuesday, June 01, 2021

1971&1981 Catherine's Letters -June 3&1

 


June 3, 1971

Hi!  I was glad to get your letter -- it sounds like things are moving along in N.V.  I bet you all are glad to be out of school.  All my classes are finished so I'm studying for comps.  It isn't bad studying for them now as I feel like I can be slow and thorough instead of cramming everything into my head in say, one or two weeks.  I'm sure I learn more this way.

One of my friends, Chris, has offered to help me make a wedding dress so I may use some of the money you sent me to buy the material and stuff.  Thanks alot for the check.  I have been spending an unbelievable amount of money lately.  There are lots of showers and parties to buy gifts and help pay for.

Tonight Saga is having a senior banquet, tomorrow Dr. Fugate is having the German majors for dinner.  I just got through making about 8 doz. cookies for a library workers party.  Saturday Dick and I are invited to a luncheon and to a shower in the afternoon.  Mrs. Pinkham is having the Sr. library workers for dinner next week.

See you on Friday!

Love, Catherine

* * * * *

[10 years later . . . .]

Monday, June 1, 1981

Dear Mother, Dad, and Mary,

Hi!  This will be a short letter as I don't have a whole lot of time.  Wendy was up late last night and I am letting her sleep in as long as possible this morning and then we will rush off!

We went down the river from Warm Springs to Trout Creek yesterday in our raft.  It was really neat.  We had always enjoyed it before but this time was even better in our own raft!  We went with our friends Jeff & Shirley.  Wendy and their daughter, Jamie, stayed here with the babysitter.  We had thought we would take the girls but Jeff & Shirley preferred leaving them and maybe it was just as well since it was our first time navigating in our own raft.  Maybe the next time they can go.  Afterwards we cooked hamburgers on the grill leaving a big mess in the kitchen for me to clean up this morning.

It was nice talking to you all on Saturday and glad I had a chance to talk to John too.  I have to work this Friday but I may either call then or on Saturday this week.

[Jumble of letters]  That was a special message from Wendy who has now gotten up and is sitting in my lap.  I better go get her ready to go for the day.  [more jumble]  I did buy her some new shorts last week and got out what summer clothes she has from last year that still fit her.  Most of the shorts she had last year still fit.

Got to close now.

Love,
Catherine, Gerry & Wendy


No comments:

Items from Uible photo album