Friday, June 11, 2021

1981 MV's letter -June 15


6-15-81
6:15 a.m.

Dear Mom, Dad, and Mie Young --

Things have been going well.  We were busy from the time we got here (2:30) until almost 11:00.  I made Madrigal Singers, which, around here is the elite group of singers.  So far, I think I'm the best Alto.  We also had auditions for which band we're to be in.  Since Bill and I are in Madrigals, they said it would be best for us to be in Symphonic.  So we asked for it at Auditions.  Bill probably would have made Honors Band otherwise.  I got 2nd Chair Baritone.  There are 3 bands -- Honors (the highest), Symphonic, and Concert Band which is made up of mostly Jr. High.

My roommate is Gladys Ahrens from Hicksville (between Defiance and Toledo -- or something).  She plays trumpet in Honors Band, and is Soloist (trumpet) in Jazz Band.  They moved from New Jersey and raise horses --

My clock is even more goofed up -- it now turns up at 20 minutes after the hour -- As a result, my roommate and I got up an hour early.

My poison ivy is better where it was really thick.  But I've gotten it on my hands.  If it isn't better by tomorrow, I plan to go see the nurse.

Our band practices two hours a day, one hour of sectionals, Madrigals one hour, Camp Chorus one hour and I'll be taking conducting and vocal techniques.  I still have one hour free before lunch.

See you people on Friday.

Love --
Mary Va.

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album