Friday, June 04, 2021

1971 Roberta's Letter -June 6

 

Sunday --
June 6, 1971

Dear Family,

Hi!  Well -- I'm all packed up -- that is in my brain -- actually haven't done a thing.  I did get all my clothes picked out that I'll be taking to Canada.  All the name-tags sewed on -- etc.  So that is something.

I also pulled down my sleeping bag & asked myself "What kind of bed is that for two months?"

Yesterday Bunny & I went to Portland.  We didn't get past the Portland State Library.  So it wasn't too exciting!

I copied down a diet for you all.  It's pretty funny.  Farrell's -- an ice cream place -- published it -- of course you can eat all the ice cream you want.

Today was Fox's graduation.  Some Congress-woman spoke.  I didn't go myself.

How long will you all be in Florida?

OH -- I meant to tell you all on the phone that it must have been the tape cassette that helped me through Speech class.

If I would send you all a tape from Canada -- say in a couple of weeks -- would you know someone's tape cassette player you could borrow?  Let me know -- OK?

I got my hair cut Friday -- it's now all brown for the 1st time in about a year & a half!  I'm planning on taking my wig to Canada but am not sure about the case & wig head.

Only three people out of about 40 got out of the Civilization exam.  See -- I'm part of a select group!  Wow -- I still find it hard to believe.  I bet you all do too!

My speech exam is Tuesday morning 10-12.  Then on Wednesday I'll have archery 8-10 AM, English 1-3 PM, & Personality 3-5 PM.

Bunny & I will be leaving Newberg Thursday morning.  We will be riding up with a boy that lives in Victoria - B.C.  He goes here.  We will be staying at his parents house in Victoria.

Well.  I'll close for now.  Will add some more tomorrow after the mail comes in -- or doesn't come in!

Hi - Monday -- Hey -- fast letter I got from you all today.  I will be shipping my stuff by truck.  I'll have it sent to Wells.

That would be exciting for Serena to go on a bike trip -- hope she can arrange it around everything.

Well.  I better close.  I got a letter today from Grandma -- also a dollar!  Also heard from Aunt Mary & got check from DP&L.

Will send you all some post-cards this coming week.

Love,
Bert

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album