Sunday, June 06, 2021

1971 Roberta's letter -June 9

 


June 9, 1971

Dear Family,

Well -- I'm all done -- with exams and everything!  Quite a good feeling!

This afternoon after my last final I threw the last box together and they should be on their way to Wells.  At least -- let's say that Newberg Auto Freight has them.  As you can see from the bill -- I had 250 pounds of stuff.  Wow -- was I ever in shock when they told me that!  It's prepaid -- $35.83 worth prepaid.  There should NOT be any delivery charge.  That delivery charge would have been $6.00 & something per hundred pounds.  But since it's going to the shop there won't be any delivery charge.

By the way I tried to send that 'stuff' collect but they wouldn't let me because they called it "personal affects".  I'll enclose the 'keys' and also the receipt.  That $35.00 sure put a dent in my spending!!!

My exams today weren't too bad.  My hardest exam was my archery one.

I went over today & had my transcript -- told them -- to send it to U.C.  U.C. needs my Winter & Spring term's grades.  Before too long -- I should find out just what will transfer.

OH!  The freight place is going to put my suitcases in boxes -- I 'talked' them into it.  Didn't have to pay them extra either.  Not bad, huh?  But they did charge me weight of the cartons, etc.  Anyway -- they made enough money on me.

Hope you all have a good time in Florida.  How long will you be down there?  Grandma said she might be there till after the 4th of July -- Wow!  I'll be sending Catherine something -- I'll just send it to New Vienna.  I might put my English paper in with it.

Well, I better be closing.  Hope you all are fine.  Tell Grandma 'Hi' for me.  Do let me know how my stuff gets there -- in what condition it's in.  Just thought now that I should have taken the ribbon out.  Shoot!  Now's a poor time to think if it, huh?

Love in Christ,
Bert


No comments:

Items from Uible photo album