Tuesday, December 17, 2019

1979 Catherine's Letter -Oct.27

Saturday, October 27, 1979

Dear Mother, Dad, and Mary,

Hi!  Well, I just finished the first five inspections and I'm a half hour ahead of schedule so I figured I better take a little break.  Wendy fell asleep shortly after I finished talking to you.  I think she is coming down with a cold -- she didn't sleep too well last night which is probably why she is sleeping now.

We bought Wendy a new pair of shoes at Kinney's in Bend on the day that Gerry went to the Dr.  They are real cute - brown leather with brown suede trim.  She seems to like them.  Her last pair which were new just before we came to Ohio were really worn -- holes in the ends and everything.  She waded through many mud puddles with them on and then she drags her feet sometimes when she is riding her chicken which didn't help them either.  I had ordered her a pair of boots through Sears and we also got her a pair of slippers so her feet are well dressed now.

This form that I am writing on [tenant certification for low income subsidy] has been revised so I have a bunch of extras.  About two days after I got the revised forms from Chambers, Farmers Home sent me about 200 of the old forms which doesn't make much sense.  Maybe they were trying to get rid of their supply of old forms.

We have one apartment changing hands next week.  The present tenant's sister is going to move in.  That is the only change that I know of right now.  Sometimes they don't let us know until the lat minute though.  I mowed about three-quarters of the lawn yesterday in five hours.  The other ¼ I had done earlier in the week in about 2 hours so it could all be done in one day.  There is quite a bit of trim to be done with the weed-eater around the buildings, pipes, sprinklers and other things that stick up out of the grass.  We will do that tomorrow if it is a decent day.  It ha been rainy and cloudy for the past couple of weeks but we are in hopes we will have a couple more weeks of sunshine before it gets too cold.

Well, it is almost time to start up with the inspections again.  so far I have only found a few minor things that need fixed - closet door to be adjusted and one lock fell off the window so I'll have to take the window out and fix it back up -- both of those are fairly common problems and don't take much work to remedy.

Love,
Catherine, Gerry & Wendy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album