Monday, December 30, 2019

1979 MV's Letter to John -Nov.11


November11, 1979
Dearest John & Carol,

Mom & Dad wanted me to write & try to tell you something about Thanksgiving.  They suggested that you all come down for Thanksgiving then John could go back up to Newark for Friday, come back Saturday.  That way we could have Lil' Daffodil to ourselves for a few hours.  I guess you two signed up for the Go-Getters Thanksgiving dinner down in Covington, which is that Saturday.  I may talk Mom & Dad into letting me go & take a date.  I don't know . . . I'm not too sure I'd have to get a date first.

This week-end was the fall play -- "Barefoot in the Park" . . . they really did a good job.  Cherie Cooper & her boy friend had the lead parts.  I tried out, but there was only two girl parts . . . so maybe spring play.

Today was Gideon Sunday . . . some guy from Ross County spoke at our church.  I can't really [say] he impressed me as a speaker . . . too formal & too soft-spoken.  By the way I finally talked to Leanne Thursday nite.  She said they're going to relatives for Thanksgiving & won't be here.  Her boyfriend (Mickey) is home for awhile, and the way it sounds, I think she's cooling down on him.  She's been dating David Armentrout from Wilmington, who happens to be the district superintendent's (Methodist) son.

Georgialia seems to be doing very well . . . .  We've both been so busy lately that I really haven't had a chance to really talk to her much.  Maybe you all will have a chance to go out while you're down.

Well, I better go.  I miss you both . . . but it's just over a week until you come down.  Take care & God bless beyond & above anything you could ever need.  Love - MaryVa

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album