Monday, December 16, 2019

1979 Roberta's Letter to GHU -Oct.28


Sunday Evening
[10-28-79]
Hi Grandma!

Happy Halloween!  And I understand you will have the Hortons in time for trick-or-treat!  Do you have "home-grown" goodies for them?  Bet Mom & Dad will have some ice-cream for them!  Wish I could be there to partake!

Our church here has a Tongan lady (near - or in the South Pacific Islands -- I think!) who is going back there to start a church.  In 3 services they were hoping to raise 25 thousand dollars -- TODAY!!! WOW! I'll be anxious to see  how much was raised!  For awhile it sounded like 1 of those T.V. shows asking for money!

Marion is away for the weekend.  Yesterday I had Buffy to the Groomers -- & it sure has kept me busy trying to keep him clean!!

Please tell Uncle Bill that I hope his Buick lasts as long as yours did.  When it gets too old for him I'll be glad to step in -- oops -- I forgot the old -- was it a '62 Ford?

Hi to all --
Love,
Roberta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album