Saturday, December 14, 2019

1989 MV's Letter -Oct.25

[10/25/89?]

Dear Mom and Dad --

Happy Birthday, Dad!  What are you doing to celebrate?  A bike ride and    ?   

I don't think I told you about composition last week.  I took in a trumpet descant to turn in and Albin (professor) liked it so well that he sent it off to some publisher.  He said if they like it I could make $25-$30.  I guess that's how you get your foot in the door.  That's what he says.

Well, last night I had another date with Don Crowson (remember the handicapped guy that came last Thanksgiving?).  We had a nice time.  He'll probably be the only one that will come home with me (or join us in Lexington, as the case may be).  Everyone else seems to have plans.  Diane & Kevin are spending the week in Michigan.

I sent off letters today for the walk this weekend.  I didn't know any of the pilgrims but I wrote several on the team.  I wish I could be there for Dad's birthday and candlelight.  I'm sponsoring my roommate and another girl in the dorm this weekend in Lexington.  My talk is Sunday @ 11AM.

It was nice to get all the clothes from Roberta and actually be able to pull out something that fits.  As of last week, the total was 29½ lbs. on W.W.  I'll probably weigh in again tomorrow morning.

I only had one mid-term, which was in Old Testament.  I felt like I did fairly well but we haven't gotten back the test yet.

I think that about covers everything.  I'll write after the walk next week -- hopefully I'll also have something as far as job updates.  Please tell Grandma I said hello.

Love, 
Mary Va.

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album