Thursday, December 12, 2019

1979 Catherine to GHU -Oct.22


Monday, October 22, 1979

Dear Grandma,

Hi!  I'm sorry it has taken me so long to get this letter off to you.  Things have been very hectic for us lately and my mind has not been on letter writing.  However, I did want to thank you for the birthday card and to tell you how much we appreciated the money that you sent.  We were able to get Wendy some nice clothes with the $20.  We bought her a jogging suit and two pairs of pants and a shirt to go with them.  The pants are still too big - the size 3's seem to be too big but the 2's are too small so we decided to get the three's and roll the pants legs up for awhile.

We have had some real fall weather the last week after the first part of October being very summer-like.  Today it is cloudy and very windy, temperature is around 45º and there is an occasional sprinkle.   I still have some outside work I need to take care of before winter sets in so I hope we have a few more nice days.  Wendy still enjoys playing outside for as much of the day as I will let her but she is wearing her winter jacket now.

Gerry is to go to the Dr. tomorrow about his back.  It just seems to be getting worse and worse.  Today he could hardly move when he got up.  He is the type that likes to do everything for himself so it will be hard on him if he has to be laid up for awhile.  He is hoping that the Dr. will be able to get him into the hospital soon for the tests to find out what is wrong.

Wendy is watching out the window right now for Daddy to come home home for lunch - it is still 20 minutes to go but I need to get some sausage fried and mix up some pancake batter.

Please accept my apologies for not writing sooner and thanks again for what you sent Wendy.

Love,
Catherine, Gerry & Wendy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album